9 Things You Didn’t Know About Things Toxic To Dogs

Things You Didn’t Know About Things Toxic To Dogs

Dogs eat a lot of things, whatever they like, in this article We are addressing 9 Things You Didn’t Know About Things Toxic To Dogs.

It is possible maybe you do not know about the below household things toxic to dogs. Maybe being a responsible dog owner, you take care of the dog’s health while giving it food.

But many such things in our house can cause serious harm to your dog. This article describes some everyday household products that are toxic to dogs scattered around your home.

Maybe you are not even aware of those things. Some everyday household items are very toxic to dogs. Those household items may be attractive to dogs.

Try to keep all such products out of reach of your puppy. If you know human food toxic to dogs, you can visit our post 40 food that is toxic to dogs.

Table of Contents

Household cleaning products containing ammonia.

Is ammonia harmful to dogs?


Many popular cleaning products contain the ammonia chemical, including household floor cleaners, kitchen and bathroom drain cleaners, oily oven cleaners, and multi-surface cleaners.

True, this product can effectively remove stains, but this product is toxic to pets, causing severe irritation to their skin and eyes.

Also, if a dog or puppy accidentally licks these cleaning products, it can irritate the nose, throat and stomach.

This cleaning product can be dangerous for your dog and puppy.

Pine essential oil

Is pine essential oil safe for dogs?

Is-pine- essential-oil-safe-for-dogs
Is-pine- essential-oil-safe-for-dogs

When used orally or topically on dogs, pine oil can irritate the skin of the dog.

Once absorbed, it can cause severe problems in a dog’s internal nervous system, liver and kidneys.

Significant symptoms of poisoning include vomiting, excessive salivation, ataxia, weakness, lethargy and disorientation.


Is perfume bad for dogs?


It will be a serious situation if your beloved dog swallows the perfume. Perfume is a poison for your dog.

You must be aware that both perfume and aftershave contain ethanol. Ethanol is a slightly toxic chemical compound.

Perfumes that contain ethanol are toxic to the health of dogs. 

If you want to keep your dog healthy, keep perfumes, aftershave lotions, and similar products out of reach of your dog.

Human medications

Human medications toxic to dogs.


If your dog ingests or swallows human medications in your home, it can have fatal health consequences for the dog.

But there are things you can do to help protect your pet.

Such as knowing your dog’s physical signs when the dog has consumed a human drug. What to do in case your dog is poisoned or what number to call in an emergency?

Human medications available in your home can be dangerous for your dog. Should keep all such medicines kept out of reach of your pet puppy and dog.

Human vitamins

Are human vitamins bad for dogs?


Human vitamins are harmful to your dog’s health. Human vitamins are made for humans, but you cannot take them without a doctor’s consultation.

Similarly, you cannot give your vitamins to your dog. These vitamins can be dangerous for your dog.

It would be best if you talked to your veterinarian about the appropriate vitamin dosage for your dog.

Human vitamins often contain different concentrations of vitamins than those made specifically for dogs and may even contain additives that are harmful to dogs.


How much chocolate is dangerous to dogs


Chocolate, coffee and caffeine All these products contain a substance called methylxanthines.

A substance called methylxanthines is found in cocoa seeds’ nuts, the plant’s fruit used to make coffee, and extracts used in some sodas.

But when dogs eat chocolate, a substance called methylxanthines reacts in the chocolate. As a result, your dog may have vomiting and diarrhoea.

You will start to notice signs of excessive thirst and urination, hyperactivity, abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, and seizures in the dog’s temperament.

If not resolved immediately, the dog may even die due to chocolate. We want to inform you that dark chocolate is more dangerous than milk chocolate.

White chocolate has the lowest levels of methylxanthines, while baking chocolate has the highest.

We can only suggest avoiding chocolate. Dog breeds are different, and their body reacts differently.

Chicken bone

What happens if your dog eats a chicken bone


Many dog ​​owners believe that giving chicken bones to a dog is natural and healthy. But this assumption is not correct. Chicken bone is not beneficial for a dog’s health in any way.

Bones – especially chicken bones – can pose a severe health risk to your dog. As a general rule, dog owners should avoid feeding their dog or puppy bones.

Dogs who eat raw and cooked bones can get many internal injuries. A chicken bone can get stuck in your dog’s throat, which can lead to the dog’s death.

However, it is a matter of debate among veterinarians whether raw bones may be safe for dogs to eat.

Electrical cord

Can a dog die from chewing an electrical cord


Dogs get used to consuming a wide variety of items, including food and non-food items.

If we speak about non-food items for dogs, it includes all kinds of stuff, including phone cords, chargers, cable wires, expensive carpets, etc.

Your dog may have eaten only a portion of the charger cable or cord; However, there is also the chance that he may have smelled the whole cable.

As a result, your little puppy can become very ill. Not only can this cause a blockage in the intestines, but the placenta or cable can clog the intestines.

Sometimes if a dog eats something like a cable, you may notice that part of it sticks out of your dog’s back.

The appeal is to “help” your dog by pulling the cable. However, it is the worst thing you can do.

Because when pulling the cable, the puppy’s pressure is placed on the intestines, which can tear the puppy’s intestines, which can quickly lead to the death of your dog.


Can dog drink alcohol


If you ask how much alcohol should be given to the dog.

So the answer is quite simple: giving even a drop of alcohol to your beloved dog is to put his life in danger.

Consuming even small amounts of alcohol can be dangerous for a dog.

A dog’s kidneys and liver were never intended to filter or process the alcohol content of beer, wine or any other alcoholic beverage.

Even alcoholic drinks with small amounts of alcohol such as beer, cocktails, and various liqueurs contain enough alcohol to damage a dog’s system.

Raisins and grapes do not agree with many canine breeds, so canine systems are less likely to accept wine made from grapes.

Some drinks may also contain artificial sweeteners such as xylitol; These are also harmful to your dog.

Conclusion – 9 Things You Didn’t Know About Things Toxic To Dogs

Finally, remember things toxic to dogs around your home because dogs are unique in their innocence and they do not know what they are eating. It means that dogs will consume almost anything you can imagine.

There will be many such things that you cannot even imagine. Dogs have an innate habit of observing every new place and every new thing.

That’s why you have to take special care of the little puppy. If an accident happens and you need to contact the nearest veterinarian.

Disclaimer: We are not veterinarians and this article should not be taken as medical or veterinary advice.  If you have any questions about your pet’s health or dietary needs, please contact your local veterinarian.

Tags: No tags

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *